DenmarkPeatedSingle MaltStauningWhisk(e)yWhiskyStauning Smoke Single Malt Whisky
Members Price £66.95
(Members please login to update pricing)
Single Malt whisky made using floor malted local barley, dried over local heather and peat and double distilled in direct-fired pot stills… exactly how we at Stauning believe great whisky should be made.
This unparalleled approach creates fresh and crisp orchard fruit notes, followed by gentle smoke. A bold and complex Danish Single Malt whisky, with incredible balance.
DENMARK • 70CL • 47%ABVLogin
- Barley sourced from two local farms.
- Grains floor malted and kiln dried at the distillery.
- Dried with Danish West Coast peat and heather.
- Double distilled in direct-fired pot stills.
- Matured on-site in first-fill Bourbon oak barrels, first-fill fortified wine and spirits oak casks, and heavy charred new American white oak barrels.
- Bottled at Stauning Whisky distillery.
- No colour added.
- Not chill filtered
Tasting Notes: Gentle bonfire smoke combined with elegant citrus notes and honey sweetness on the nose. On the palate rich notes of tobacco, liquorice, walnuts and vanilla. Balanced by the scent of fresh herbs and sweet wood smoke in the finish.
DISCOVER SMOKE WITH STAUNING FOUNDER, ALEX